Last time I did this, I picked out five songs that were informing the beats and beeps you hear on Ultrasound Radio. This time? A few quick words about new and recent albums. Music that moves me becomes music that moves you:
- Cocksure, TVMALSV—Chris Connelly’s new Wax Trax!/Metropolis outfit picks right up where Revolting Cocks’ brand of intense, irreverent industrial music left off.
- Cabaret Voltaire, #7885 (Electropunk to Technopop 1978-1985)—Richard H. Kirk continues reissuing his electro group’s work, and this serves as a very good greatest-hits primer.
- clipping., CLPPNG—As sad as Death Grips’ disappearance was, this laptop-rap trio’s new album is a fine replacement. Dare I say they stole the recent Shabazz Palaces show?
- deadmau5, While (1<2)—Don’t let the name scare you. This deep double album is a restrained take on EDM’s bombast, embracing tinkling techno and dark ambient swooshes.
- The Bug, Angels & Devils—This British bass-music dude finally (for me) finds the right formula to back up aggressive, sinister dancehall rap.
(Adam B and Ultrasound Radio USA are currently on hiatus through the summer term break.)